Saturday 4 April 2015

Review: Tony Moly Pure Eco Aloe Gel



I've been fortunate enough to acquire this product. It's called the Pure Eco Aloe Gel by Tonymoly, available at Watsons.



it's basically a face and body gel for moisturizing. If you know a bit of herbology or alternative medicine, then you know that aloe vera moisturizes, give nourishment to hair and strengthens them. It also serves as a first aid treatment for burns. Aloe vera is abundant in our garden, and when this product was purchased, I had some oil burns from cooking






The Pure Eco Aloe Gel comes in this huge tub. Appearance wise, it's very unlike the usual Tonymoly featuring the cutesy or sleek packaging. When i first saw it, I thought it was hair gel. I love collecting cutely packaged product when featuring them at my bedroom, so this one stays at the bathroom with the not so cute products.



The product is 348.00 php. For a moisturizer THAT big, I think it's quite cheap, so I'm very happy with it



The tub has a plastic seal which you can remove and put back for hygiene purposes. it's made of clear green plastic. Can you see it at this photo?





When I first opened it, the scent did not remind me at all of Aloe Vera. And that's a good thing! Have you tried aloe vera? When you cut an Aloe Vera leaf, it will bleed a yellow sap which has a pungent smell. It's not an annoying scent but it is not pleasant. When you've gotten all the yellow sap out, you're left with an odorless gel. Then you use it.

The product smells like Elizabeth Arden's Green tea.... Actually the scent reminded me immediately of my dog's current shampoo: St. Roche in Mother Nature (the scent is inspired from EA Green Tea). 

Now don't get me wrong. The smell is wonderful but my brain has associated it with dogs, so I have no idea if I like the scent or not. most people probably would.



The product itself is clear, with that lovely scent. I placed it on my burn and hello hello instant relief!

What I love with this product is that it melts like ice once applied and dries almost immediately, but not like alcohol. It feels like water and it's a wonderful feeling to have a moisturizer this light. Most moisturizers tend to be heavy and since the hot season is coming up, most moisturizers would feel icky.

The only thing I have disliked about it is the packaging. As most tubs goes, they're quite unhygienic. But the tub does not bother me actually, since I use clean freshly bathed hands  and I grab the product from the lid. But for those who are uncomfortable with tubs, it also comes in a tube, that looks way prettier, but the tub is cheaper.

Wallet wins of course!

I think this product is wonderful to have for the house though. Aloe Vera is useful, and having it in a gel form is very useful. If you get a sunburn (which is common during these coming months) or get a burn, a soothing aloe vera would really help you out.

Seriously ain't nobody got time to cut and harvest aloe vera and wait hours for the sap to get out of the leaf. It just takes too much time, and when something hurts like a burn, you don't really have the patience!


No comments:

Post a Comment