Friday 10 April 2015

Review Luminous Angel Deluxe Face Palette by Victoria's Secret

My cousin gave me this wonderful palette since she was disposing her products. I am not a fan of colors, or eyeshadows in general, but I decided to take this one. 

What the package says (from VS website): 

Victoria's Secret Luminous ANGEL Deluxe Face Palette - Limited Edition


  • Victoria's Secret Luminous Angel Deluxe Face Palette
  • Evoke the ethereal with this palette that contains 3 feminine matte shadows and one shimmering shadow, a gel liner, one blush and endless possibilities of how the night will go


And this is what it looks on the inside


It's a complete set for your face, having a 4 palette eyeshadow, and a blush plus a gel liner. or so we thought. 

The item was mislabeled at the site but don't get discouraged. 

The item contains:
-2 shimmer eye shadow (white and brown)
-1 matte eye shadow (dark brown) 
-1 glitter eyeshadow (gold)
-bronzer (not a blush) 
-HUGE AMOUNT of gel liner

After using it for several months now, this is now my verdict. 

EYESHADOWS: 
 
The eyeshadows are wonderful. Especially if you're the type of person who's afraid or shies away from color, or if you like a natural but glamorous look. Now this isn't the first time I've had an eyeshadow palette, however this was the first palette that I've kept that I actually used on a daily basis for work. Most eyeshadows I've used only a week then I forget about them. I'm not an eyeshadow person basically, and this HAS converted me. 

photo taken at dusk. You can tell it's quite pigmented

They're very pigmented, the dark brown is very dark, the brown is brown and the gold is just that:  GOLD. It can be a very solid color but it easily blends. The white is semi transluscent so it's buildable, and let's be honest, you don't want a strong higlighting color. The four colors blend pretty well, so if you're a beginner like me at eyeshadows, you can just blend away your mistakes. Check out the circular strokes I made with the darkest pigment, You don't need to rub away your eye flaps just to get it to blend. It also lasts long despite the humid climate, but if you don't want to retouch, I would suggest a primer for it to last an 8-10 hour shift. The great side is that they're also generous with the eyeshadows so I am very sure it will last me a long time 

This is wonderful for the day at the office, since it makes you look polished, at the same time, it's also wonderful at night with the shimmery pigments, if you're into parties.

BRONZER/BLUSH: 

I was a bit skeptical with the bronzer, since I didn't really know what it was. The package says it's a bronzer, the site says it's a blusher. I tried it as both, and both times I'm... meh

just makes you glittery

As a bronzer... Its shade is too similar to my own skin such that if I apply it, I don't get any additional tan. I don't really know if I love it or not, I feel like I don't want to give up on it?
But it does leave me glittery like in the swatch. I don't use bonzers, so I don't really understand if that's a good thing or a bad thing. If you're looking for any additional tan, then I suggest you forget about it. 

As a blusher... well, it blends well on my face, so much that I cannot tell where it is, and seems to mattify when applied on my face o.O I can see glitter but it's pretty matte looking. I guess my freshly washed face has a more dewy look than the blush. It gets shiny, but my own sebum does a better job for a dewy look. For a blush. it is not something I would buy. I'll probably use it as an eyeshadow as well, 

GEL LINER: 

I'm not a fan of gel liner. But I have used gel liners before, and I must say the gel liner is pretty decent. The color is a bit translucent for me, so you need a lot of application before you see any effects, but is that's your thing then good for you. It also smudges, but it doesn't give you hard to get rid of panda eyes. I don't like the smudgy look...

 Since I'm in a tropical country where it's quite humid, it holds well but eventually fade. I give it 4 hours for the staying power but if you're in a temperate country, I suppose it would do the job for the staying power. It's also great for water lining, which is something a liquid liner cannot do. 

It's decent compared with other gel liners that I have used in the past. There's also a lot of it in the palette. But I think it's unhygienic. My gel liner had absorbed the excess eyeshadows and bronzers whenever I used them, so now it's a black glittery muck. 

They didn't provide a brush with this so you need a set of your own. 

 All in all I like the gel liner, it's decent, but it's not something I could rave about. If you're travelling and you forget your liner, then this gel liner will do the job. 

PACKAGING: 

I'm not really the type to complain about the mislabeled stuff, but I know some people would especially if they bought this online without seeing the actual product. 

I love the packaging. The black case looks so sleek and pretty like an ebony box only made of plastic. It's not the cute and pretty kind but it's something I would put inside my bag since it doesn't take up too much unnecessary space. I also love how big the mirror is! I don't have my own mirror dedicated for my makeup bag so this one is pretty handy to have. 

Final Verdict: 

I got this stuff knowing that I disliked pretty much everything it features, from eyeshadows to bronzers to gel liners, so I'm supposed to be unhappy with it and just forget about it. However, the eyeshadows have converted me and that is a big thing! The bronzer, it can get shattered for all I care, but the gel liner is a convenience to have. I won't trade my Kiss Me Heroine Eye Liner for this gel liner, but if I'm left with no choice, the gel liner will suffice. It's like a security blanket. 

To sum it up, I love this palette, and I would recommend it to you! especially for those who's just starting out with makeup. 


No comments:

Post a Comment