Monday 13 April 2015

Review: Cara Mia Gelateria


On April 12, 2015, I went with my best friends to have a taste of Cara Mia at Robinsons Ermita. Since it was really hot, I was really in the mood for something cold! Something interesting, "Cara Mia" is Italian for "my dear" and they serve Italian ice cream (Gelato)

The place had a lovely modern setting with incandescent lighting, so it was really cozy. We spent around two hours at the place so I can say it really is!

It was my first time in the place so it took me a long time to decide while at the counter, but I went with a gelato cake and an ice cream.

new flavor... apple Pie


The gelato is served in a paper cup with an adorable plastic spoon. I'm estimating the 1 scoop is around 1.5 cup. The cup is full and heaping, so it's really worth your money.

And as a bonus, since I tried a new flavor, they give you one scoop free of any of their old flavors! We're lucky to be there for their promo!


we got this one for a freebie
photo from Cara Mia website

The Mango Berry Medley, But it was in a cup. The mango taste really blends so well with the cream!

My best friend got a chocolate one
photo from Cara Mia website

I can't recall what the flavor was. But it looked totally awesome and yummy.

The gelato really hold their names well. The apple Pie tasted like an apple pie ala mode, blended all together in a scoop while the Mango Berry Medley tasted like a very creamy mango, with a generous amount of blue berries!

For the cakes, we got the Mango Passion and Rouge

Mango Passion

Rouge

And  I am very happy. I got the rouge and it really was scrumptious! They didn't inform me, but there's a thin layer of sponge cake just above the graham layer. It was triple layer of strawberry, blueberry and vanilla. all presented in an adorable little plate, and garnished, with such adorable-ness.

155 php of happiness


150 php of mango love


The crew was very sweet and accommodating. They know their products very well, which is a plus for me! They didn't serve service water though, but they do serve drinks.

All in all, I think Cara Mia Gelateria is one of those under rated places. Most Gelatos are very expensive, so I was surprised that they served each scoop at less than a 90 php. (most serve at 95php) and they were very generous with the serving. What I love the most are the gelato cakes! each slice is HUGE, and I will definitely trade their cake for a Starbucks cake/drinl. Rouge is the most expensive slice by the way, so if you're in a mood for dessert while you're on a date or if you're catching up with your friends, but don't really want to spend a lot of money, I would definitely recommend this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment