Tuesday 3 March 2015

Zakka?

Zakka

It sounds odd, it sounds weird, but it's really enticing.

Quite recently I've been seeing this word a lot, so I decided to google it, and lo and behold. IT'S AMAZING!!!

Love the cozy and the trivet! So adorable!

:: all in the details. cute labels for handmade projects. nanacompany.

A zakka needlebook from Pretty by Hand with link to tutorial from nanaCompany.

Everyday, I will be so happy if I see these things around me.

According to Wikipedia, as told by me.

Zakka (from the Japanese 'zak-ka'(雑貨)or 'many things') is a fashion and design phenomenon that has spread from Japan throughout Asia.

In Japan there are also so-called Asian zakka stores; that usually refers to Southeast Asia. I don't understand that as there's not a lot of  Zakka shops where I'm at. Nordic and Scandinvian designs are also a big part of this Zakka movement, just like in Mori styles. 
Zakka has also been described as "the art of seeing the savvy in the ordinary and mundane".Perhaps it's just a fad, but I think these kinds of design have been around for quite some time.. To qualify as a zakka, a product must be attractive, sensitive, and laden with subtext.

When I looked around for the interior, well it reminded me a lot of how a mori girl living in the city.
zakka❤

It's like a mix of shabby chic plus Ikea simplicity. Flowers and plants are a definite must haves, as well as Mori girl favorites like mushrooms, woodland creatures and nature colors

3時のおやつ / afternoon tea zakka home

家居 森女 ZAKKA

Natural and light colors seems to be a must have in Zakka. Natural light from the sun is also dominant in these photos. 

This is a smaller and more unique Japanese kitchen. In this picture you can see a counter, a sink, pots and pans, and cooking materials.

it looks so eco friendly. with a touch of green architecture as it makes use of the natural elements. And with green architecture, it simply means living in these kind of houses will be economical as the time goes on.

Muji perfection.

I've always been a fan of rustic and shabby chic homes, but at times I look over to the sleek modern with its simplicity and minimalism. I guess this style fuses those elements.

If you want to go shopping for Zakka here in the Philippines, here's a list of some shops that caters to this kind of style. Don't ask for zakka as they probably don't even know it
  • Papemelroti
  • Muji-perhaps they know what zakka is. ^^
  • Simple Joys
  • Regalong Pambahay
  • Robinsons Department store-they've been adding a lot of zakka items recently. 
  • Our home
  • Small shops at Cubao Expo-idk their names, but Cubao expo has a lot of shops with kitsch and lovely antiques!


Do you like this Zakka movement? 

No comments:

Post a Comment